|Check out To Read or Not to Read, a great book review website.
You’ll find something to curl up with this weekend.
Today, Charlotte Collins received another great review (Two now actually! Check out this one at Amazon!), and the reviewer was also kind enough to post not only on her blog, but on Amazon.com and Goodreads.com as well!
I think that one of the most difficult things about publishing Charlotte Collins has been awaiting the response. I like the book, but I wrote it. What would others think? I’m glad other people are getting some pleasure from it, and I really appreciate all the shout outs on the web. Thank you all also for suggesting the book to your friends. It is truly a humbling, exciting experience to have your support in this process.
This is also a good time to share a few numbers:
According to The Author’s Guide to Publishing and Marketing by Tim Ward and John Hunt, a study tracking 1.2 million books revealed that 950,000 of these books sold fewer than 100 copies. A sobering statistic indeed.
- Charlotte Collins has been on the market fewer than 30 days.
- It has been reviewed 3 times on Amazon and 3 times on Goodreads.com.
- 800 people signed up for the Goodreads.com giveaway.
- More than 500 people have read the prologue on Scribd.
- 30 copies of Charlotte are out on consignment.
- Ebooks are outselling paperbacks on Amazon.com 4 to 1.
- And the best news is that Charlotte Collins has flown past the 1/10 mark on the quest to meet our goal of proving there’s a market for Austen’s minor characters! That means Charlotte has sold comfortably more than 100 copies!
And I am 100 percent thankful for all my readers.
I have readers!