Tis the season for New Year’s Resolutions, but I’m not much of a fan. I hate that everything this time of year seems to be about weight loss, healthy eating, and exercise promises that will likely be broken by February. Bor-ing! Not that I’m against weight loss or healthy eating, but for crying out loud, why can’t we look forward to something, anticipate something wonderful in the year ahead and not start off with resolutions brought on mostly by guilt?
So here’s what I’m looking forward to in 2012:
- The release of Death Benefits. I worked very hard on this book, and I hope everyone enjoys it.
- Writing, editing, and publishing two books: the nonfiction book on horseback riding fear that I am coauthoring with Laura Daley and At Fault (SF3).
- Experimenting with different ebook price points in the coming year.
- Watching my friends’ novels take off up the charts. (Stop by for lots of giveaways!)
- Riding my horse on a more regular basis.
- Mastering canter serpentines.
- Trail riding.
- Just hanging out.
- Relaxing on the weekends again.
- Cleaning my house and my email inbox.
- Spending time with friends.
- Watching every episode of the new Doctor Who.
The past year was frankly fantastic–if somewhat unbalanced for me–and I am looking forward to finding that balance in 2012 and having an even more fantastic year. (On a side note: If you contacted me in the past two months and I didn’t respond, I apologize. I will soon.)
What are you looking forward to in 2012?