I have a confession to make. I have overbooked myself (pun intended. Sorry.) When I originally scheduled the release of Caroline Bingley, I didn’t foresee the tornado that put a major hold on my writing activities for the past six weeks. Today, I’ve had to face facts.
I could rush and get the book done by July 15, but I’d rather give myself more time and do it right. Here’s the way the landscape looks right now.
- I have until the end of next week to finish rewrites. Whoa.
- The proofer would have 2 weeks to finish her job, which is really too close a deadline to demand. I’d like to have a month for that.
- Then, I’d have 2 weeks to make corrections, format, and upload.
- There is no way the paperback would be ready due to all the cover and interior checking required, but I could squeak out the ebook.
- I probably wouldn’t have time to reread the text before uploading.
I just can’t do it that way. I feel like a failure for having to postpone the release, but it really came down to a question of quality. I can’t let anything but my best work be published, and I cannot guarantee my best work at this pace. Besides, one of the benefits of self-publishing is flexibility, so I’m going to take advantage of that.
Due to the exact timing of the tornado, it looks like my thriller will actually come out before Caroline, which was not the plan at all. So, please accept my apologies for the delay, but I hope Caroline Bingley will be stronger thanks to the extra time.