- hristmas Vacation: This tops the list for a reason. It’s the first Christmas movie my husband and I watch every year.
- Elf: Buddy the Elf has all the childlike Christmas joy I strive for over the holiday season. He looks better in the elf costume than I do though.
- White Christmas: When I was a kid, my mother and I watched this either while putting up the tree or baking sugar cookies. However, we always fast-forwarded through “Choreography.” Yikes.
- A Christmas Story: I used to hate this movie, but it’s grown on me over the years.
5. The Santa Clause 2: The original was good, but the sequel was better. That’s right. I said it. Santa has to find his Mrs. Claus. (Plus, this gif expresses how much I love cocoa too.)
Honorable mention: While You Were Sleeping is not technically a Christmas movie, but it should be. I watch it every year.
What holiday movies are on your must-see list?
And if you’re looking for Christmas reading, please consider the holiday compilations in which I’ve participated: