Halloween gives children and adults the chance to put on a costume and play with another persona for a few hours. (Plus, candy!) I wear a costume to open the door and give out candy to the kiddos in my neighborhood. A few years back, I dressed as a brunette Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This year, I’ll be answering the door as Jayne Cobb, the Hero of Canton from the TV show Firefly.
- Blue Sun t-shirt
- Cargo Pants
- Military boots
- Thigh holster
- Knife holster for Binkie
- Oversized firearm called Vera
- A Cunning Hat
Jayne’s hat was hand knit by his mother, but I crocheted my Jayne hat. Below, I’ll give you all the resources I used to create this awesomeness.
- Basic earflap hat crochet pattern. I modified this free pattern from Ravelry.com.
- Yellow, orange, and red worsted weight yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Gold, Carrot, and Burgundy.
- I hook
- Paper towel tube to make pom-pom
- scrap of yarn for stitch marker