With the completion of my first series on the horizon, I started to mourn the ending. I love Julia and Vincent and don’t want to let them go! I wrote a blog post about the possibility of continuing the Southern Fraud series beyond book 6 and got lots of great input from readers in the comments section and on Facebook. I’m grateful to everyone who shared their thoughts about the future of the series. I took time over the holidays to think about how I wanted to proceed, and here’s what I’ve decided:
- The Holidays with Jane series of short stories will continue as planned. This year, we’ll release a summer collection and a Thanksgiving collection.
- “The Marriage Fraud” is on hold and may come out in 2017. I haven’t decided yet.
- During the first half of 2016, I plan to release the first book in my paranormal mystery series. This will be a series of shorter–but still full-length–novels. More on that come.
- During the second half of 2016, I intend to publish Sunset Clause, which will be the last novel in the Southern Fraud Thriller series.
- My new Mercer Murder series will debut in 2017. It will focus on Tripp Carver and deal with some of the fallout in Mercer after the events of Sunset Clause. While it won’t be a continuation of the Southern Fraud series in the traditional sense, it will take place in the same world and follow the stories of many of the characters. I think that will be the best of both worlds.
So that’s the plan…for now. It seems like my schedule is always in flux, but I’ll do the best I can to publish two short stories, one shorter novel, and one longer novel in 2016.
I’d better get writing!